Improving Patient Safety & Care 2020 - Partner Profile - MTP Innovations
Who are MTP Innovations?
MTP Innovations specialise in the development and supply of revolutionary non-chlorine disinfectant products - DiffX™ - designed to help improve infection control and prevention to ensure public safety and ultimately, save lives.
DiffX range of chlorine-free cleaning products are suitable for use in a wide range of environments, in particular the health sector where the highest standard of hygiene and infection control is required.
With combined 35 years’ experience in the health sector and their vast knowledge of the challenges and risks associated with infection prevention and control, MTP’s founders, Mike Jepson and Christine Sparks have developed a unique powerful non-chlorine disinfectant formula which, when used correctly, eliminates all known spores, bacteria and viruses on equipment and surfaces, even in the most challenging environments.
The DiffX patented product range includes wipes, sachets and a spray which have all been tested to the highest European standards (EN1276, EN1650, EN13697, EN13704, EN14348, EN14476, and ENISO 4120 Food Taint Test).
We offer a consultancy-based service, including training for end-users, and distribute our products to public and private sector customers nationwide.
DiffX provides a cost-effective, safe and superior cleaning solution for a wide range of applications in the health sector that chlorine-based disinfectant products simply cannot compete with.
How has MTP Innovations improved patient safety and care across the health sector?
MTP Innovations has and will continue to improve patient safety and care across the health sector by supplying a cost-effective, safe and superior disinfectant cleaning solution that chlorine-based disinfectant products simply cannot compete with – DiffX.
DiffX, which has been developed in collaboration with Huddersfield University’s microbiology department, is designed to help improve infection prevention and control to ensure public safety and ultimately, save lives.
Its unique, patented formula is highly effective against C. Difficile, Norovirus, MRSA, H1N1 and Bacillus Subtilis. It is proven to eliminate all known HCAI spores, bacteria and viruses when used correctly, even in the most challenging of healthcare environments. DiffX also has a fresh mild citrus smell that is present during preparation and application but then disappears making it not only more user-friendly for handlers and pleasant for staff, but also for patients.
However, the effectiveness of any disinfectant product, no matter how it has been developed or how it performs, is totally dependent on how well it is used.
Which is why MTP Innovations prides themselves in providing on-site consultancy, trials and more importantly, training for staff on using the products, on-going education, training and consultancy services and exceptional customer support to facilitate compliance. By using this approach, we have significantly helped our clients in the health sector to reduce rates of infection by ensuring the people who use the products to clean are adequately trained in its use for greater efficacy.
What has been your greatest achievement to date? And were there any measurable outcomes that accompanied this achievement?
Chlorine-based disinfectants have been the cleaning product of choice for healthcare settings in the UK for many years. Whilst disinfectants with chlorine as the active ingredient still dominate the market for the prevention and control of infection in hospital environments, our greatest achievement to date has been the early adoption by 28 public and private sector hospitals, including UCLH, one of the UK’s largest hospital, of our DiffX product range.
The measurable outcomes that have accompanied this achievement are primarily two-fold:
1) High Levels of End User Satisfaction: In a recent survey of domestic cleaning staff and hospital staff where DiffX is used, 95% said that they prefer DiffX to previous chlorine-based products that would have used.
2) Increased Market Confidence: In the past six months, we have seen a 40% increase in public and private sector hospitals converting from chlorine-based disinfection systems to the DiffX as a result of increased awareness about the efficacy our unique non-chlorine products and the training support we provide.
How many organisations/clients currently utilise the service / solution across the UK?
We currently supply the DiffX product range to 19 NHS Hospitals, 9 private hospitals and a world-famous London sporting venue.
What do you feel are the key points delegates need to digest when considering a partnership with MTP Innovations?
· DiffX is highly effective against C. Difficile, Norovirus, MRSA, H1N1 and Bacillus Subtilis.
· DiffX is proven to eliminate 100% of all known HCAI spores, bacteria and viruses, when used correctly, even in the most challenging of healthcare environments.
· DiffX™ patented product range, which includes wipes, sachets and a spray, have all been tested to the highest European standards (EN1276, EN1650, EN13697, EN13704, EN14348, EN14476, and ENISO 4120 Food Taint Test).
· Its patented formula contains a corrosion inhibitor and is pH neutral, making is safer for handlers and to use on all equipment and surfaces. Therefore, DiffX will not cause damage to common healthcare surfaces such as stainless steel, laminates, plastics and microfibre cloths. This is particularly important for those facilities still owned under PPP/PFI schemes where charges may be enforced for damages to the fabric of the building now or in the future.
· The disinfectant agent in DiffX is only activated when dissolved in warm water, providing safety in storage and handling.
· DiffX has a much lower health and safety risk compared to alternatives, meaning staff may be more will to use it. This will promote more consistent use and a reduction in worker-related injuries and illnesses. Staff compliance with cleaning and disinfectant policies will also help reduce the risk of HCAIs.
3. Ease of Use
· DiffX is available in multiple and convenient forms.
· Based on customer feedback, our non-chlorine-based disinfectant leaves no smears on floor surfaces after use.
DiffX has a fresh, mild citrus smell that is present during preparation and application but then disappears making it more user-friendly for handlers and pleasant for staff and patients.
· Depending on the level of cleaning required e.g. daily clean or deep clean, the concentration levels of DiffX disinfectants can be adjusted as required making it highly cost-effective.
5. Customer Service
· MTP Innovations excel in providing on-site consultancy, trials and more importantly, training for staff on using the products, on-going education, training and consultancy services and exceptional customer support to facilitate compliance. By using this approach, we have significantly helped our clients in the health sector to reduce rates of infection by ensuring the people who use the products to clean are adequately trained in its use for greater efficacy.
· We are currently offering potential new DiffX customers a free usability study which includes training and our new wipe products.
· We continue to invest in new product development and have recently launched to market a new hard surface sporicidal dry wipe under the DiffX brand which kills C Difficile spores within 2 minutes of contact.