Mental health 2019 - Partner Profile - Team Mental Health
Who are Team Mental Health?
At Team Mental Health we are medical doctors who specialised to become consultant psychiatrists. We know that looking after our mental health is just as important as looking after our physical health and strong, preventative action is essential.
We use our professional experience, understanding and passion to provide the know-how to prevent mental illness, promote good mental health, detect signs of problems, intervene early and support recovery so that:· Children, young people and staff at all levels, from the most junior to the most senior, are supported to be their best;· Everyone within an organisation is empowered to look after their own mental health so, together, we can support each other;· Organisations are able and confident to implement the ‘mental health core standards’ recommended in the Thriving at Work Review.· Individuals, teams and organisations can positively contribute to our wider communities from a position of good mental health.
How has Team Mental Health improved people’s mental health in the UK?
Team Mental Health offer an expert led, sector specific, multidimensional approach to inform and empower everyone within an organisation to look after and protect their own mental health and the mental health of others.Whether you work in business, healthcare, sport, the creative industry or in education with children and young people, Team Mental Health is here to support. From a simple mental health framework, to mental health awareness training, to the design of a complete bespoke mental health strategy, we can meet your needs.
- Mental Health Framework The Thriving at Work Review recommends that all employers, regardless of size or industry, should adopt ‘mental health core standards.’ Our PDF document 'Mental Health is Everyone's Business' provides a helpful framework to support organisations implement these.
- Mental Health AwarenessTeam Mental Health offer a unique, level based Mental Health Awareness Programme. It is only necessary to complete one level of training and we recommend the module and level completed is based on your sector, role and position of responsibility. Our online modules enable the delivery of consistent messages to individuals and whole organisations in a time and cost-effective way. A great addition to induction programmes and compulsory annual training to protect your people and your organisation.Our face to face training allows us to meet the needs of those who require a greater level of understanding in their role. Whether you are an employer wanting to meet your legal obligations, an employee who wants to learn more about mental health, or a teacher wanting to support children and young people, we’ve got it covered.
- Mental Health ConsultationIt can be difficult to find the time to prioritise and focus on developing a meaningful mental health plan for your organisation. We work with organisations to support the assessment of needs, challenges, areas of good practice and the development of bespoke mental health plans and policies.
What has been your greatest achievement to date? And were there any measurable outcomes that accompanied this achievement?
Over 95% of the people and organisations we have worked with say they would recommend our service. We’re extremely proud to be using our knowledge as medical doctors to align mental health with physical heath. Through raising awareness across schools, colleges, universities and a wide range of workplaces we are driving real change and empowering our communities to thrive.
How many organisations/clients currently utilise the service/solution across the UK?
We have worked across the UK and Ireland with a wide range of professionals and organisations including:
- International law firms
- National sports agencies and clubs
- Corporates- SMEs
- Medical doctors and allied healthcare professionals
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Membership organisations
Is there anything you would like to make delegates aware of ahead of the Mental Health 2019 conference on 26th September?
We understand that no two organisations are the same and requirements will vary as a consequence of sector, organisation, resource and company ethos. As such, we can be flexible in our approach to ensure we get it right for you and your organisation. While we offer a range of support, we aim to be flexible in our offer to ensure we get it right for you and your organisation. Please come and see us if you feel we can support in any way. We welcome the opportunity to talk to delegates and learn more about their experience and requirements in this area.
What do you feel are the key points delegates need to digest when considering a partnership with Team Mental Health?
In the UK, mental health problems affect 1 in 4 adults and 1 in 8 children and young people. Above cancer and heart disease, mental ill health is the leading cause of sickness absence and disability and each year the cost to UK employers is estimated to reach up to £42 bn. Devastatingly, suicide is the leading cause of death in children and young people and men under 50.
The challenge of mental ill health is very real across all sectors of our communities. If it hasn’t affected you personally, it’s likely to have affected someone you know and your organisation. No matter who you are, where you live or what you do, we all have a role to play. We can all act to drive positive change and support our children and young people, our workplaces and our wider communities thrive. It’s time to be proactive, not reactive.
With over 25 years’ experience working in the NHS as medical doctors who specialised to become consultant psychiatrists, we are experts in mental health. We work hard to maintain our own knowledge of the evidence base and best practice guidance so that we can support you and your organisation effectively.
We believe that it’s essential to inform and empower everyone to look after their mental health as they do their physical health. A ‘whole organisation’ approach to supporting positive mental health is key.